Thursday 11 August 2011

Gradated nail colour

I tend to leave my fingernails natural, but I recently I was admiring my friend's s pretty, subtle style of manicure. She suprised me with the very same nail kit as hers for my birthday!

left to right A, B, C

There are three colours, as you can see. The base colour (A) is a natural pink, next is a subtle glitter (B), then a sparkly coral colour (C). You build them up in layers like this:


It was simple to do, and I was fairly satisfied with my first attempt!


It's such a delicate colour that it's a bit difficult to photograph. I like the effect though! It's not too much of a departure from natural nails, but adds a little subtle sparkle. 

What sort of nail style do you favour, dear reader? And what do you think works well with classical kei?

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! No doubt the colour is perfect for you.

    My friend is really good at all kinds of nailart, and she once made me teal green gradient nails with transparent iridescent round bits (IDK how to better describe them decorations, sorry XD). The end result looked like bubbles in water. That would be my favourite nail style, even though I only wore it once...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaino~
    Wow, that nail style sounds lovely, and really eye-catching. Your friend must be very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sapphira!

    I just thought I'd let you know, when I tried to send the link to this post to a friend of mine who I thought would love this nail colour, Facebook marked the link as "Spammy." I know that sometimes when sites do that it's because it detected malware somewhere on your blog. Hopefully it's nothing and it's just Facebook acting up, but I just thought I'd let you know.

    ~Avina
    http://kirakirashoujo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...